Sunday, 25 October 2009

'In Ancient Egypt' by Ian MacDonald




This is an illustration I did for a book cover for an educational book called 'In Ancient Egypt' by Ian MacDonald, published by Educational Printing Services. The publishers wanted a montage of Egyptian images for the book cover, my illustrations combined with photographs that were provided for me. The finished book cover is below.





The publisher wanted me to produce the illustrations in the familiar ancient Egyptian style, ie. simplified figures in profile.  Here are a selection of line drawings.





2 comments:

Korey Scott said...

Hello Sue! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I appreciate it. You've got some great work too. I really like this Egyptian illustration. I think you captured the original art quite well!! Talk to you later!

Susan Rundle-Hughes said...

Not sure if you will see this, lol, but thanks Korey. :)