Saturday, 23 January 2010

An Embroidered Fairy by Vicki White


 


This is an enchanting, embroidered picture of a fairy that my friend, Vicki, made for me for Christmas and put in a little frame.  Unfortunately, the camera doesn't do it justice.  My camera has broken and I had to use my iphone, but I loved it so much I just had to post it on my blog as soon as possible.  It's a very simple and beautiful design. I love how she has embroidered everything except the dress and the cute buttons, and has topped the wand with a sequin.  What makes it more special to me is how the polka dot fabric matches my kitchen!  I would love more of her designs decorating my house (I know what's on my birthday and Christmas list this year) and am trying to encourage her to sell them.  She also makes cushions :)  Please contact me if you would be interested in seeing more of her designs.

2 comments:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

This is totally charming!

Susan Rundle-Hughes said...

Thank you Nancy. My friend's work is lovely, I agree :) I passed on your lovely comment to her.