Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Muddy




This is my submission for Illustration Friday -  'Muddy'.  I thought I would follow with the same whimsical character that I illustrated last week.  This time I have painted Dougal the puppy, looking very pleased with himself, sitting in the mud with his equally stinky ball.  Dougal is based on my Scottish Terrier, Dougal, when he was little and the antics he got up to.  What is it with dogs and muddy water? Hee hee.  And is it just Dougal that carries his ball over to a muddy puddle whenever he wants someone to throw it for him, or is it all dogs?  He used to role in fox poo too, making sure he got it right in his ears and under his collar.  Mind you, he still likes wearing essential oils of fox poo whenever he can get away with it, but that doesn't happen so often these days.  I'm far more vigilant and fast, much to his dismay...

8 comments:

alex fine illustration said...

really like the way you rendered the fur. I know how tough that can be. nice illustration this week!

xenos said...

i agree with alex, the fur was done really nicely...

James P Powell said...

I like the recurring character from last week.

Susan Rundle-Hughes said...

Thanks so much guys :)

Rene Bakewell said...

beautiful!

Carmen Saldaña said...

:-) I love his expression...lovely!

David said...

Nice idea - he'll make so much mess when you get him back indoors! The recurring character is a good idea.

Susan Rundle-Hughes said...

Thanks again. Looking forward to this weeks IF :)