Monday, 31 May 2010

Meet Rosie Mouse

Not strictly illustration, but I'm dabbling a bit with needle felting and here's a little mouse I made for my friend Vicky.  Excuse the poor photograph as my camera isn't very good at close ups.  If you haven't heard of needle felting, it's a bit like sculpting with wool, using a special barbed needle to bond the wool fibres together (being careful not to pierce the finger - ouch!).  No stitching is needed. I love sculpting with clay and I think this is similar. I used merino wool tops in pink and white to make the body, 4mm black teddy bear eyes, the rose was bought from a local haberdashery store and I embroidered the mouth with black cotton.
 






2 comments:

Medeia Sharif said...

I'm not a rodent person, but she's so cute!!!

Susan Rundle-Hughes said...

Hee hee, thanks :)