Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Arthur Rackham

I found this video of Arthur Rackham's illustrations on 'YouTube', posted by Shivabel.  As he is one of my favourite illustrators, I thought it would be a great idea to post it to my blog.  Arthur Rackham (1867-1939) produced beautiful ink and water colour illustrations during the 'Golden Age' of children's book illustration, which spanned from the latter half of the nineteenth century to the early twentieth century.  He is particularly famous for his fairy tale illustrations. Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Janet O'Connor said...

Hi Susan, Thank you for posting this. Arthur Rackham's work is inspiring to me. I'll have to visit this posting often... you're so good to provide it.
Janet

Susan Rundle-Hughes said...

Thanks Janet. I love Arthur Rackham's work. I'm going to try and find some more videos on youtube of other illustrators too :)