Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Emma William's Painting

I've been meaning to post this beautiful painting on my blog for a while now but I've been putting it off as I don't have a very good camera.  Mine is a basic point and click camera, which is good for nights out with the girls but no good for close-ups of wonderful works of art.  I decided, I might never have a good camera, so I threw caution to the wind and took a photo and here it is:



It was painted in gouache by one of my best friends, Emma Williams, for my wedding present 10 years ago.  I lived in Chepstow at the time and Emma says the houses on Castle Street inspired her – a row of Georgian town houses painted in ice cream colours, with views of Chepstow castle. I can stand and look at the painting for ages, there is so much attention to detail.  Each garden depicts a different activity: friends enjoy a barbecue; a lady weeds her garden; people chill out, listening to music in their tent; children play in the paddling pool; a little dog plays with his ball, and so on.  It epitomises a beautiful summer afternoon. 



As I said, my photograph doesn't really do it justice and I'm hoping to post a clearer photograph in the future, but until then I hope you enjoy the painting as much as I do :) 

No comments: