Thursday, 2 September 2010

Illustration Friday - 'Immovable'

I haven't finished this yet, I was going to paint it with watercolour  but I ran out of time for Illustration Friday this week.  As soon as I read this weeks topic 'immovable', I immediately thought of my brother-in-law's dog, Smudge, a Great Dane, who is absolutely HUGE! The little dog in the sketch is inspired by my dog, Dougal (in fact, I sketched him while he was standing on his back legs, looking out of the window the other day).  I've been meaning to paint this all week, but other things and work got in the way, unfortunately.  However, here is the sketch.


Here are photos of Smudge and Dougal :)

This is Smudge.


These little monsters are Dougal, Millie and Daisy :)




8 comments:

Maja said...

Love your illustration, your dogs are much better than mine.

barbara said...

Hehehe, love the way the big dog looks at the small one...

Sue Rundle-Hughes said...

Thanks for your lovely comments Maja and Barbara :)

Jack Foster said...

Hey Sue!! This is fantastic! You nailed the doggie portraits and their personalities! i can see a whole book sprouting from this one illustration. I can't wait to see the finished work!! Bravo!!

Ann Marie DiVecchia said...

This is precious...especially the Great Dane's expression/gesture!!

Sissy Sparrows said...

Not only is it adorable it is so darn good.

fripouille said...

Excellent!!!

Sue Rundle-Hughes said...

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate it :)