Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Insomnia and Sketching Scottie Dogs

I was still wide awake at 4am this morning.  I got carried away with a fairy painting and before I knew it, it was almost 4 o'clock and the sparrows were stirring and sipping their morning coffee!  I decided I had to go to bed, a hard decision for me to make when I'm full of inspiration, but before the sandman got me with his sleepy dust, I spied my dog, Dougal, snoozing at the bottom of the bed and couldn't resist grabbing my sketch book and favourite pencil and sketching him, he looked so cute.  Unfortunately, he woke up before I had finished and gave me the evil eye.  Anyway, here's my quick sketch (just realised, in my tiredness, I wrote the wrong date):


2 comments:

jamjar said...

what a lovely little sketch of your dog, I know what you mean about painting carrying you away into the small hours, done it many times myself.

Sue Rundle-Hughes said...

Awww thank you :) Yes, I frequently do it. It's so much easier, when everyone is in bed and there's no distraction :)