Sunday, 22 May 2011

Sketch Fest Weekend

I have just spent some of Saturday involved in Sketch Fest which is 'a 24 hour creative jam session with artists across the world, brought to you by Ellen Million Graphics. The audience and fellow artists give us prompts that can be single words, questions, phrases, lyrics, links, collections, creatures, characters or concepts, and we sketch whatever catches our fancy. The only rule? Sketches can only be worked on for one hour.' 


I managed to do six sketches as I had visitors so couldn't devote all my time to drawing, but I'm hooked!  I can't wait to join in with the next one.  


Winged Pug


Rapunzel: 
(Unfinished sketch as I ran out of time, but I'm going to finish it and maybe paint it.  I used a photograph from Piece of Me Stock as reference for the pose).


If Pigs Could Fly (Just a quick jokey sketch)


Cupcake Break (I am going to rework this as one of my 'Fairy Cake' card designs).


Arctic Mermaid


Mirror Mirror 
(inspired by an acorn I keep on my desk)



4 comments:

The Fey Haven said...

You did some great sketches :) I hope you can join in next month too xx

Sue Rundle-Hughes said...

Aww, thank you Fey Haven. See you next month. I had so much fun and I'm sure you would too :)

Medeia Sharif said...

I love your sketches. You're a talented lady.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sue Rundle-Hughes said...

Awww thank you so much Medeia.