Sunday, 21 August 2011

Sketchfest time again!!!

Sketchfest 17 is my fourth sketchfest.  For those who don't know what sketchfest is, here's a bit about it:

Sketchfest is a 24 hour creative jam session with artists across the world, brought to you by Ellen Million Graphics. The audience and fellow artists give the artists prompts, which can be single words, questions, phrases, lyrics, links, collections, creatures, characters or concepts, and we sketch whatever catches our fancy. The only rule? Sketches can only be worked on for one hour.' Please join in with the next one if you enjoy drawing.  It's so much fun :D

I didn't do so many this time as I had lots to do, but here are the ones I did manage, in order that I drew them :)

Fairy Tea Break

Snow White and Rose Red


Frogs on Ice 
A bit of silliness (hehe)


Pride and Prejudice.  
Mr. Darcy didn't come out as I imagined him.  He should be much better looking! I drew it in pen (over pencil) so I couldn't erase it. I wanted to sketch a regency party scene in the background but we only have an hour and I ran out of time.

Mermaids Chatting
Mermaids putting the sea to right over a nice cup of seaweed tea (I know the tea would float out of the cup, but it doesn't because it's mermaid magic...)

Aquarius


Friends
I've wanted to do something like this for ages, so I had the image of how I wanted it to look in my mind's eye already.


Garden Witch.
Stereotypical witches hat unfortunately.  I wasn't happy with this as I ran out of time and was disturbed quite a lot while I was sketching it.  I wanted to research the different herbs and flowers that you would find in a witch's garden and the seasons they appear, but maybe I'll redraw it and I can do it then.  You might be able to see a face in the tree. I was influenced by the talking apple trees in Wizard of Oz, but it looked silly so I rubbed it out.

1 comment:

plantie_bee said...

amazing sketches! but you already knew id say that ^^ there are alot on here i didnt seem to see on the actual webpage :O
love your aquarius fairy! and your snow white and rose red :D!!!

beautiful work ^^