Monday, 31 October 2011

Sanhaim Avalon Faery Ball

I have just arrived home from Glastonbury where I met up with my dear friend Natacha Chohra for a fun weekend visiting the faery fayre and the Avalon Faery Ball.  It was the first time we had met each other, although we've chatted online for a year, but we got on like old friends.  She is such a lovely person.  Natacha made her own wings and costume and looked absolutely stunning.  I cheated and merely embellished a dress but I'm definitely making my own costume for next years Faery Ball.  The ball was a magical place where I met elves, dryads, goblins, pirates and of course, lots of faeries and other fantasy folk.  I also made some wonderful new friends.  I can't wait for the next one and Natacha and I would love to sell our work there next October.  Here are some photographs:

Glastonbury Tor

Jasmine Becket-Griffith

Meeting Linda Ravenscroft

Natacha's beautiful wings

Me in my costume 

Me and Natacha

Natacha looking stunning.

Me and Ahob Goblin (but I don't know the name of the lady in the middle. She was dressed as a fox).


The Mad Hatter

Felicity Fyr Le Fay

New friends, gorgeous fairy Sarah Aiston and steampunk fairy, John Webster.  His wings were great and produced steam.

The Dolmen, a wonderful celtic rock band.


Ahob Goblin, Linda Ravenscroft and Natacha Chohra 






My new friend, Ayesha Stone, made the horns herself from fimo.  She looked beautiful.

No comments: