Sunday, 19 February 2012

Happy birthday Dougal Dog

It's Dougal Dog's birthday today.  His good friend, Jacob, made this card and sent it to him.  I think he's a budding artist and illustrator.  Wonderful design! 

Happy Birthday love Jacob White (age 9)

If you're friends with me on facebook, you will know how much I love my three little monsters, I mean dogs.  It's Dougal's birthday today, he's 11 years old.  It means a lot to me that he has reached this age because last year he was diagnosed with lymphoma cancer and was told he might not have long to live. We had the option of chemotherapy or just painkillers and we chose chemo, which he reacted to very well and never had any side effects.  Even better news, he is now in remission, although it will come back eventually.   Dougal's birthday presents today were an extra long walk, a delicious chicken dinner (his favourite meal), a pork pie cake and lots of cuddles and games :)

Dougal's first day with his new family 


Tearaway teenager!



2 comments:

acornmoon said...

I am so pleased Dougal is doing well. My little dog is twelve this year and has had surgery too. All is well now but it is very worrying I know.

Sue Rundle-Hughes said...

Thank you Valerie xx